|Friday Night Showcase
2020 Annual Business Meeting
The District 57 Annual Business Meeting is a critical part of our conference in San Ramon on April 25th. The business meeting will run from approximately 11:45 am to 1:45 pm. Every club carries two votes to make decisions on district business that affects your clubs and members. This is also an opportunity to hear from District leadership about the experiences of our members, clubs and officers.
Who should attend?
Voting members of the district council are the club presidents, vice presidents education or their proxies and the members of the district executive committee: district director, program quality director, club growth director, the immediate past district director, public relations manager, administrations manager, finance manager, division directors and area directors.
Any Toastmaster may attend a District Council Meeting. However, only the voting members of the District Council (listed above) may make motions, discuss motions, vote, and transact other business.
Signing up for the Business Meeting
Achieving quorum to have your voices heard is critical to the success of our members, clubs and district. Here are easy steps to ensure a successful business meeting:
- District Council Members are Club Presidents, VP’s of Education, Area Directors, Division Directors and the Executive Leadership Team.
- District Council Members should register to attend the entire Conference on April 25th (paid registration). This includes your business meeting lunch.
- Can’t attend the whole Conference? Sign up for just the free business meeting here. You may purchase an optional $20 lunch or attend for free.
- Unable to attend? Instructions for Club Presidents and VP’s of Education to assign a proxy to attend on your behalf will be updated by March 12, 2020.
Assigning a proxy to attend on your behalf is easy! Club President’s and VP’s of Education can assign any member in their club to hold their proxy. Proxy instructions to be updated by March 12th. To assign a proxy, complete this online form with eSignature or download and complete this proxy form. The person taking your place should bring the completed form to the Conference Credentials Desk or email a completed copy/photo of the form to email@example.com.
- Review the business meeting materials: agenda, previous meeting minutes, committee reports, and other exhibits which will be finalized on April 18, 2020.
- Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer them as quickly as possible.
2019-2020 Annual District Council Meeting Resources
A complete Business Meeting Packet will be available 1 week before the business meeting and will include:
- District Council Meeting Agenda
- 2019-2020 Virtual District Council Business Meeting Minutes
- Candidates nominated by the District Leadership Committee for the 2020 – 2021 term
- 2019 – 2020 Re-alignment Report and Recommendation
- Audit Report and Budget Update
- Form and instructions to submit new business (due midnight March 20, 2020)
We look forward to seeing you at the Annual Conference Business Meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is entitled to one vote?
- Each member of the district council or club proxy for the club president or vice president education in attendance at the District Council meeting.
Who is entitled to two votes?
- Any active member who carries the proxies of both the club president and the vice president education from the club.
- A Toastmaster belonging to two or more clubs may cast one vote for each of two clubs, but is limited to a maximum of two votes, regardless of the number of clubs to which they belong.
- All other Toastmasters (except members of the district executive committee) are limited to a maximum of two votes, regardless of the number of clubs to which they belong.
Who is entitled to three votes?
- Any Toastmaster who is also a member of the district executive committee.
- The maximum number of votes that any Toastmaster may cast is three, regardless of the number of clubs to which that Toastmaster belongs.
- There is no provision for a member of the district executive committee to assign their proxy.
Last updated 3/4/2020