As a District Leader, you will organize several events throughout the year such as contests, training and conferences. Posting your event to the District 57 Calendar makes it easier to:
- Promote your event to maximize attendance
- Find volunteers to make your event a success
- Track who has registered and where to focus your efforts
How to Post your Event:
Visit https://d57tm.org/event-submission-form_2022-2023/ [Updated – #PRM v2022_1105]
https://d57tm.org/eventform/ to post your event to the District 57 Calendar. Each submission is manually entered onto the calendar after a volunteer has reviewed it and determined that enough information has been provided. After submitting your event, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to your event for review and any revisions. After the review, events will be posted to the calendar promptly.
Here are FAQs to refer when filling out a Calendar Submission:
Is this a club-level event? Is this a non-Toastmasters event?
- We do not post club-level events on the District 57 calendar. Only Toastmasters-related events will be posted (i.e. speech contests, conferences, trainings, etc.). No exceptions.
- Did you already get a zoom link that everyone could access?
- Provide the meeting address. Parking/driving directions would be helpful.
- Do you need volunteers to help the event?
Toastmaster brand guidelines/images:
- Please visit Toastmasters International Brand Portal to learn the brand guidelines or to get Toastmasters logos or great professional images.
- If you are including a picture with your event submission, make sure it is a JPG or PNG file, no more than 1MB. Make sure the photo is not blurry and is directly related to your event.
What are the Black Out Days on the District Calendar and why:
- Black Out Days are holidays or events that may impact events attendance/participation.
|2022-2023 D57 Blackout Dates|
|Monday, July 04, 2022||US Independence Day|
|7/9/2022 – 7/10/2022||Eid-al-Adha (begins at sundown of prior day)|
|BLACKOUT: 7/8 & 7/10|
|Saturday, July 30, 2022||Muharram/New Year (begins at sundown of prior day)|
|BLACKOUT: 7/29 & 7/30|
|9/26/2022 – 9/27/2022||Rosh Hashana (begins at sundown of prior day)|
|BLACKOUT: 9/25 & 9/27|
|Wednesday, October 05, 2022||Yom Kippur (begins at sundown of prior day)|
|BLACKOUT: 10/4 & 10/5|
|Saturday, October 08, 2022||Prophet’s Birthday (begins at sundown of prior day)|
|BLACKOUT: 10/7 & 10/8|
|Monday, October 31, 2022||Halloween|
|Tuesday, November 01, 2022||All Saints Day|
|Tuesday, November 08, 2022||US Election Day|
|Friday, November 11, 2022||US Veterans Day|
|Thursday, November 24, 2022||US Thanksgiving Day|
|Sunday, December 25, 2022||Christmas Day|
|Monday, December 26, 2022||Kwanzaa (until Jan 1)|
|Sunday, January 01, 2023||New Year’s Day|
|Monday, January 16, 2023||US Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|Sunday, January 22, 2023||Lunar New Year|
|Tuesday, February 14, 2023||Valentine’s Day|
|Saturday, February 18, 2023||Isra and Mi’raj (begins at sundown of prior day)|
|BLACKOUT: 2/17 & 2/18|
|Monday, February 20, 2023||US Presidents Day|
|Thursday, March 17, 2022||St Patrick’s Day|
|Thursday, March 23, 2023||Ramadan begins (begins at sundown of prior day)|
|BLACKOUT: 3/22 & 3/23|
|4/5/2022 – 4/13/2023||First day of Passover (begins at sundown of prior day)|
|BLACKOUT: 4/4 & 4/13|
|Friday, April 07, 2023||Good Friday|
|Sunday, April 09, 2023||Easter Sunday|
|Sunday, May 14, 2023||Mother’s Day|
|Monday, May 29, 2023||US Memorial Day|
|Sunday, June 18, 2023||Father’s Day|
- In general, do not schedule District events on these Black Out Dates. The District PR Team will not post it on the District Events Calendar.
- In cases of religious holidays that begin or end at sundown, please ensure the start and end times respect any participants’ needs.
- If you are planning a virtual event with a global audience in mind, there could be a holiday overseas somewhere.
- Black Out Dates were introduced in the early 2010s at a District Business Meeting.
- A floor motion was seconded to add Black Out Dates on the District 57 calendar for other religious holidays, not just Christian ones.
- A committee was formed and its recommendations were adopted during the Business Meeting that followed.
Have more questions?:
- Contact us at email@example.com with any questions about your event and the process to post and promote your event across the district.