As a District Leader, you will organize several events throughout the year such as contests, training and conferences. Posting your event to the District 57 Calendar makes it easier to:
- Promote your event to maximize attendance
- Find volunteers to make your event a success
- Track who has registered and where to focus your efforts
How to Post your Event:
Visit https://d57tm.org/eventform/ to post your event to the District 57 Calendar. Each submission is manually entered onto the calendar after a volunteer has reviewed it and determined that enough information has been provided. Events are posted to the calendar every Sunday. After submitting your event, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to your event for review and any revisions.
In order to ensure your Calendar Submissions are posted in a timely manner, please provide AS MUCH information about your event as possible. Click here for an example of a well-detailed event submission.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when filling out a Calendar Submission:
Is this a club-level event? Is this a non-Toastmasters event?
- We do not post club-level events on the District 57 calendar. Only Toastmasters-related events will be posted (i.e. speech contests, conferences, trainings, etc.. No exceptions.
- Is it tricky to find this location? Are there signs to help the guest find the venue? Will they need a parking permit? Will there be a gate to get in? Do they need a code to enter the building? Can people reach this venue via public transportation? If so, how? Etc.
- If you can provide a photo of the venue (preferably one showing the front of the building), that would be a great way to assist people in locating it.
- Will there be food/refreshments at the event? Is it potluck style or will it be provided? Are people allowed to bring food? Are there options for vegans/vegetarians, etc.?
- Do you need certain people at your event earlier than others to help set-up? Will everyone need to leave the venue by a specific time (i.e. the building closes)?
- If you are including a picture with your event submission, make sure it is a JPG or PNG file, no more than 1MB. Make sure the photo is not blurry and is directly related to your event. There are some great professional images that Toastmasters International offers here: https://www.toastmasters.org/Resources/Logos-Images-and-Templates/Stock-Images
Have more questions?:
- Contact us at https://d57tm.org/contact-us/ with any questions about your event and the process to post and promote your event across the district.