The High Performance Leadership (HPL) project is designed to give the leader a chance to put into practice the skills needed for leadership. It shows the leader where s/he lies in the spectrum of leadership skills. The strengths and weaknesses can be determined by conducting and participating in an HPL project.
Below are the criteria for Area and Division Directors to complete an HPL project during their term:
- E-mail your intention to commit to do an HPL Project to HPL chair by August 30, 2017.
- Create a success plan by September 15, 2017 to become a “Distinguished” Area/Division
- Hold a minimum of 4 Area/Division council meetings throughout the term conducting your first meeting by September 15, 2017.
- Recruit your successor and submit a mentor plan by October 1, 2017.
- The HPL applicant will serve the district, as their successor’s mentor, through August 15, 2018 in order to qualify.
- The HPL applicant must present Phases 1 – 5 to Toastmasters Leadership Club (TLC). If not a current member, applicant is encouraged to join TLC within one month of Phase 1 presentation.
- Submit at least one article to the D57 newsletter or appropriate media outlet about your journey as a district officer and/or your HPL project experience by May 30, 2018.
- Your pool of (3) possible guidance committee must consist of Toastmasters from this group or members of the Toastmasters Leadership Club:
|Immediate Past District Director – Steve Taddei||Past Area A02 Director – Krishna Chockalingam|
|District Director – Randie Ellington||Past Division C Director – Carol Haynes|
|Club Growth Director – Karen Moirao||Past Area D30 Director – Vivian Prater|
|Past District Governor – Tod Henry||Past Division E Governor – Tanya Leigh Jansen|
|Past District Governor – Jean Cunningham||Past Division E Governor – Thomas Cloney|
|Past District Governor – Paula Foster||Past Division E Governor – Thomas Cloney|
|Past District Governor – Gary Wong||Past H19 Director – Kerman Deboo|
|Past District Governor – Tyree Johnson||Past H28 Director – Chuck Chang|
|Div. E Director – Christopher Foster
|Ask: Merci about other possible committee members – DTMs strongly recommended.|
Contact Merci Del Rosario, High Performance Leadership (HPL) Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.