Virtual District Council Meeting
September 14, 2020
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sergeant at Arms Calls Meeting to Order David Dai
District Director’s Opening Remarks Bett Bollhoefer
Reading of the District Mission
Credentials Committee Report Randie Ellington
Certification of Quorum
Parliamentarian’s Report Noemi Gonzalez-Rocha
Adoption of Meeting Rules
District Director’s Report Bett Bollhoefer
Adoption of Meeting Agenda
District Council Meeting Minutes Report DIane Pleuss
Adoption of District Council Meeting Minutes (4/25/20)
Audit Committee’s Report Deneille Wiese-Smith
Audit Committee Report
All financial statements, transactions and bank reconciliations from Jan 1st through June 30st 2020 were reviewed and results delivered to Toastmasters International as per their requirements.
Finance Manager’s Report and Voting Linda Patten
Adoption of District Budget (Summary and Comparison)
- Differences between Marketing Outside of Toastmasters and the Maximum Expense Type on the expense buckets
- Could clubs use the monies for Social Media instead of microphones, etc?
- Could club meetings go back to in person meetings should be allowed by state guidelines?
- Who can get the credentials for the new concur program?
- Can club funds be used for new club member’s dues?
- Maximum Expense Type calculations to be confirmed
- Missing line item reserved?
- Would area director get a ballot for the Budget?
Vote to Approve District 57’s Budget
Chair recognized Hanna Spongberg’s Second
Ratification of Appointment of Donica Hopkins as Division G Director
Chair recognized Lindy Sinclair’s second
Appointed District Officers and Voting Bett Bollhoefer
Confirmation of Appointed District Officers
Public Relations Report Ed Cullen
Club Growth Director’s Report Julie Garrett
Renewals, Open House, and Online Clubs Reports
Program Quality Director’s Report George Marshall
Club Officer training Report
Coming up training: Train the Trainer, Club Officer Training, Evaluation and International Speech Contests, Master classes
District Director Report Bett Bollhoefer
Announcements Bett Bollhoefer
Team passed the Budget
Quorum was validated