District 57 Toastmasters Club Officer Training Options
Resources for the January 16, 2021 Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI)
Resource Archive from the November 21, 2020 TLI Invitational
- TLI Invitational Workbook (click here to download it)
- Additional resources (click here to download it)
Q. Where and when can I attend club officer training?
- For 2020-2021, all club officer training events are held online via Zoom, due the COVID pandemic.
- A list of D57 training events is on this page, as well as on the district calendar:
Q. Who should attend?
A. Every Toastmaster is invited and encouraged to attend! Every club officer should attend to pick up insights, tips and background on their officer role. Attending a TLI or makeup training also gives the club Distinguished Club Program (DCP) credit for club officer training.
Q. Why should I attend club officer training?
A. Here are NINE reasons from “Why Attend Club-Officer Training?” :
- Help your club earn a point in the Distinguished Club Program (DCP).
- Get direct access to your district leaders and the important information they have to share.
- Share your own ideas and experiences with other officers at your table.
- Achieve your goals by networking with members from other clubs.
- Build on the personal relationships you formed at the last training.
- Expand your network by meeting new club officers.
- Revisit the goals you set in when you took office, and determine the best use of your time and energy for the rest of your term.
- Introduce your mentees to leadership opportunities.
- Explore other Toastmasters leadership roles, so you can serve in a different spot next year.
Q. Can I attend a club officer training in another Division or District?
A. YES. You can attend ANY club officer training, anywhere in the world. Just email details of when and where you attended, including district, date and the contact information of the training leader to the 2020-2021 Program Quality Director, George Marshall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. What if I hold more than one office?
A. In the online attendee form you will e asked to fill out, indicate the club(s) and office(s) you hold.
Q. What is Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI)?
A. Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI) is a twice-yearly, premier educational opportunity for Toastmasters’ club officers, as well as the membership at large. Held twice a year, this one day event features officer training sessions to help officers be effective in carrying out their officer roles. In addition, skill-building educational sessions are offered for all who attend to assist members not only in their Toastmasters journey, but also in life as they speak and lead in their families, communities, and workplace.