Learn how to start your journey of personal and professional development through Pathways, Toastmasters’ new education program!
What is Your Educational Journey?
The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience offers many different routes for exploration and achievement. This modernized learning experience featuring 10 different learning Paths such as Effective Coaching, Innovative Planning, Presentation and Mastery is the result of years of planning and expertise by a large team, including the Board of Directors, World Headquarters staff and member volunteers. The program’s wide-ranging benefits include:
- Customized learning tailored to personal and professional goals
- Early and frequent recognition of accomplishments
- Mobile access to educational materials
- Expanded video and digital content
It’s a journey of possibilities. Get started today to learn nearly 300 competencies—practical skills that are transferable to the world outside Toastmasters.
How to get started
To get started, login on Toastmasters.org website with your personal ID, then go to Education > Pathways Learning Experience.
Review a screen-by-screen, click by click, guide and answers to the most common Pathways questions
- The Complete Pathways Guide (last updated September 2018)
Selecting your first Path
Review the complete list of Paths and projects available in each Path with this catalog, built by members of District 57 Toastmasters
- Pathways Path and Projects Catalog (v3 – last updated 4/28/2019)
Review a screen-by-screen, click by click, guide to selecting your first Path
- Guide to Path Selection (last updated September 2018)
Starting your first project and Ice Breaker
Review a screen-by-screen, click by click, guide to starting your first Project and Ice Breaker
- Guide to Starting your First Project and Ice Breaker (last updated September 2018)
Completing your first project and submitting awards
Review a screen-by-screen, click by click, guide to completing your first project and submitting awards
- Guide to Completing your First Level and Submitting Awards (last updated September 2018)
Recognition and Awards under Pathways
In Pathways, you are recognized for every achievement and milestone you and your club reach. Whether you choose to explore one path or several, every step you take will be supported and celebrated along the way.
- Discover all the awards and recognition available under Pathways at https://www.toastmasters.org/Education/Pathways/~/link.aspx?_id=DA0E9FA30AC847DBA790EE26059F51C7&_z=z
Why stop at one path? Journey beyond being Proficient and receive the Distinguished Toastmaster award (DTM). This is the highest individual honor you can achieve in Pathways. Earn your DTM when you fulfill the following requirements:
- Completing two paths
- Serving as a club officer for 12 months and participating in a district-sponsored club officer training program.
- Serving as a club mentor or coach
- Serving as a club sponsor or conducting Speechcraft or a Youth Leadership Program
- Serving as a district officer for one year
- Completing DTM project
Club President, VP Education and Secretaries – your duties
For most clubs, the vice president education (VPE) will assume the role of Base Camp manager. The Base Camp manager helps facilitate your progress by verifying your education, approving requests and more. In the event that a VPE isn’t able to perform these duties, or if a club does not have a VPE, the Base Camp manager responsibilities will be fulfilled by the club president or club secretary. The central responsibilities of the Base Camp manager include:
- Approving speeches outside the club
- Verifying level completion
- Tracking member progress
- Verifying project completion for members using printed materials
A how-to document for the tasks a base camp manager does
Toastmaster International Resources
- Pathways on Toastmasters International Site
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Magazine Article, “The Possibilities of Pathways”
- Magazine Article, “The DCP Takes a Turn in Pathways”
- Where Will Pathways Take You? (Flyer PDF): Communicates the value of the new education program. Share it in your district, and help new and prospective members understand Pathways since the traditional education program is no longer available to them.
- Transform Your Talent (Flyer PDF): Helps human resources and talent development professionals understand how Pathways will benefit their company.
- Develop Your Leaders From Within (PDF): A brochure designed for promoting Toastmasters to businesses and organizations. The brochure includes information about Toastmasters, notable corporate clubs, testimonials and details on how to sponsor a club.