The District Executive Council Meeting (DECM) is a monthly meeting in which District Officers and members of District committees discuss club, area, division and district goals as well as conduct other district business and obtain leadership training that can help them in their roles.
The district executive committee includes the district director, program quality director, club growth director, public relations manager, district administration manager, district finance manager, division directors, area directors and immediate past district director. Apart from these leadership roles, only individuals who are invited by the district director and have specific business before the committee may attend district executive committee meetings.
You can check the calendar for upcoming dates and it’s currently held virtually via Zoom.
Formerly it was held at Lafayette Library in community room adjacent to library (3491 Mt. Diablo Blvd, Ste 214, Lafayette, Calif.) at the Community Conference Center. DON’T GO THERE until we are again safe to meet in person. Stay tuned (and attend DEC meetings via Zoom) to hear when and where we will meet in person.
- Presenting at DECM? Please use this enhanced District 57 Toastmasters PowerPoint template.
- When we again can attend in person, have we thought about Division G? Of course we did! A notice of the live video stream of DECM will emailed to those in Divsion G 1 week before DECM by email.
- To save meeting minutes and presentations to your computer: right click on the document in the above window and select “Save as…” or right click on one of the links below and select “Save as link …”
DECM Minutes And Presentations, from the past
- September 2017 minutes prepared by Beth Lacerna
- Membership Growth and New Club Building by Karen Moirao
- Program Quality Director Update by Jean Cunningham
- Finance Manager Report by Denielle Wiese-Smith
- August 2017 Minutes prepared by Beth Lacerna
- Area Director and Division Director Success Plans by Jean Cunningham
- The Importance of Club Membership by Jean Cunningham
- High Performance Leadership Project for District Leaders by Merci del Rosario
- Seven Tips for Running a Stellar TM Speech Contest by Diane Pleuss
DECM Minutes, 2016-2017
DECM Minutes, 2015-2016
2015 September Youth Leadership Program (YLP) slides
How is the District Council Meeting Different?
The District Council is comprised of District Executive Leadership, Area Directors, Division Directors, Club Presidents (or their proxy) and Vice Presidents of Education (or their proxy). District 57 holds two District Council Meetings (DCM) each year. These are often listed in the conference agendas as Business Meetings. At these meetings, we make decisions affecting the whole District and every single club within it. We consider and vote on items such as:
- Approving the District Success Plan
- Approving budgets
- Electing district officers
- Changing district procedures and bylaws
- Re-aligning clubs
- And much more