The District Executive Council Meeting (DECM) is a monthly meeting in which District Officers and members of District committees discuss club, area, division and district goals as well as conduct other district business and obtain leadership training that can help them in their roles. District officers, club officers and club members – everyone – is welcome to attend DECM.
- Presenting at DECM? Please use this enhanced District 57 Toastmasters PowerPoint template.
- In Division G and can’t attend in person? A live video stream of DECM is emailed to those in Division G 1 week before DECM by email.
- To save meeting minutes and presentations to your computer: right click on the document in the above window and select “Save as…” or right click on one of the links below and select “Save as link …”
DECM Minutes And Presentations, 2017-2018
- September 2017 Minutes prepared by Beth Lacerna
- Membership Growth and New Club Building by Karen Moirao
- Program Quality Director Update by Jean Cunningham
- Finance Manager Report by Denielle Wiese-Smith
- August 2017 Minutes prepared by Beth Lacerna
- Area Director and Division Director Success Plans by Jean Cunningham
- The Importance of Club Membership by Jean Cunningham
- High Performance Leadership Project for District Leaders by Merci del Rosario
- Seven Tips for Running a Stellar TM Speech Contest by Diane Pleuss
DECM Minutes, 2016-2017
DECM Minutes, 2015-2016
2015 September Youth Leadership Program (YLP) slides
How is the District Council Meeting Different?
The District Council is comprised of District Executive Leadership, Area Directors, Division Directors, Club Presidents (or their proxy) and Vice Presidents of Education (or their proxy). District 57 holds two District Council Meetings (DCM) each year. These are often listed in the conference agendas as Business Meetings. At these meetings, we make decisions affecting the whole District and every single club within it. We consider and vote on items such as:
- Approving the District Success Plan
- Approving budgets
- Electing district officers
- Changing district procedures and bylaws
- Re-aligning clubs
- And much more