Please visit here to submit a District event to the calendar. Read Event Submittal Best Practices to help us help you better.
Please note that the District 57 Event Calendar is unable to post club events but only Toastmasters events of Areas and Divisions within District 57.
- This event has passed.
2019 Virtual District Council Meeting
September 23, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm PDT
At our semi-annual business meeting, we’ll be voting to approve the district budget and list of appointed district officers. Club presidents, vice presidents of education, and district executive committee members are entitled to vote.
Who should attend
Club presidents, vice presidents of education, and district executive committee members (Area & Division Directors).
When and where is it taking place
September 23, 2019 – 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm. The meeting will start on-time. Please join early, 6:30 pm onwards to ensure you can hear and participate.
Per Toastmasters International policy, the virtual business meeting will be conducted online, not in person, using Zoom from the comfort of your home.
How can I register to attend and meet quorum?
Registration is available here. Credentials to log into the online Zoom meeting will be provided after your registration has been confirmed.
What is the Quorum?
Quorum is required to approve any of the above documents, which means 1/3 of eligible club votes must be represented. If quorum is not met at the meeting, there will be an additional online voting period post-meeting. District 57 has 151 clubs and 303 eligible votes. To meet quorum 101 eligible club votes must be represented.
Meeting Documents for Review:
- Complete Business Meeting packet (last updated 9/22/2019)
Individual meeting documents:
- Business Meeting Agenda (see complete business meeting packet)
- Complete 2019-2020 District 57 Budget, (last updated 9/9/19)
- 2019-2020 District 57 Budget Introduction (last updated 9/20/19)
- 2019-2020 District 57 Budget Comparison and Summary (last updated 9/20/19)
- 2019-2020 District Success Plan (last updated 9/16/19)
- 2019-2020 District 57 Appointed Officers (PRM, Finance Manager, Area Directors & Chairs – last updated 9/9/19)
- 2019 Annual District Council Meeting Minutes (last updated 9/9/19)
- How to Vote using Electronic Ballots by Email (last updated 9/22/19)
How do I assign a Proxy?
Because the voting process will be conducted virtually, no proxies will be permitted. Each district council member must cast their own vote. District executive committee members are entitled to one vote and may cast up to two additional votes as a club president or vice president education. All other members of the district council shall be limited to a maximum of two votes.
What is the agenda? How do I add items to the agenda?
The agenda is provided above. Any new motions to come before the council must be presented in writing or by email, to the District Director (email@example.com) two weeks prior to the virtual business meeting using this form. In this case, by 7:00 PM PST on Monday, September 9.