Speech contests are a Toastmasters tradition. Each year thousands of Toastmasters compete in the Humorous, Evaluation, Tall Tales, Table Topics and International speech contests. Competition begins with club contests and winners continue competing through the area, division and district levels. The International competition has two additional levels — semifinal and the World Championship of Public Speaking®.
Below are the most helpful resources for those organizing and competing in contests.
- Humorous Speech Contest Toolkit (Zip File)
- Evaluation Speech Contest Toolkit (Zip File)
- International Speech Contest Toolkit (Zip File)
- Table Topics Contest Toolkit (Zip File)
Helpful Resources from Toastmasters International
- Official Contest Rulebook – Last updated July 2017
- Speech Contest FAQs
- Online Speech Contest Training
Planning your Contest
- Contest Planning Guide – Very organized and concise guide to planning a contest.
- Toastmasters International Speech Contest portal – Several useful links on running a contest.
- Online Speech Contest Tutorials – fundamental principles to help members understand speech contests.
- Training manual for Area/Division Directors
- Contest Agenda – Fall Evaluation and Humorous Contests
- Contest Agenda – Spring Table Topics and International Speech Contests for Areas
- Contest Agenda – Spring Table Topics and International Speech Contests for Divisions
- Contest Script – Evaluation and Humorous Speech – PDF
- Contest Script – Evaluation and Humorous Speech – Word
- Contest Script – International Speech & Table Topics – Word
Click here for an overview of the contests District 57 organizes.
Last updated: 2/17/18