Speech contests are a Toastmasters tradition. Each year thousands of Toastmasters compete in the Humorous, Evaluation, Tall Tales, Table Topics and International speech contests. Competition begins with club contests and winners continue competing through the area, division and district levels. The International competition has two additional levels — semifinal and the World Championship of Public Speaking®.
Below are the most helpful resources for those organizing and competing in contests.
- Evaluation and International Speech Contests Agenda for Areas
- Evaluation and International Speech Contests Agenda for Divisions
- Contest Script – Evaluation and International Speech – PDF
- Contest Script – Evaluation and International Speech – Word
Helpful Resources from Toastmasters International
- Toastmasters International Speech Contest portal – Several useful links on running a contest.
- Official 2023-2024 Contest Rulebook
- Speech Contest FAQs
- Online Speech Contest Training
- Training manual for Area/Division Directors – Information on running a quality speech contest.
Click here for an overview of the contests District 57 organizes.
Last updated: 2023-11-16 LJM