We are happy to kick off our newsletter contest! Here are minimal details to get you started. This post will be updated with full submission details later, but that should not deter you from getting things going.
This early announcement should give your club time to plan and start a club newsletter if there isn’t one already. The club will benefit from the effort.
Please use the following guidelines for preparing your club newsletter for submission:
- The newsletter is expected to be club-centric. A well designed one will be for the members, about the members, and by a member of the club 🙂
- The newsletter should be at least monthly in frequency. There should be one (or more) issue for each calendar month.
- If you don’t already have a club newsletter, you can start one right now, with March 2020 being your first issue.
- It must be designed and published as proactive communication that would reach all members of your club. (Typically emails with attachments or hyperlinks fit the bill)
- There are no rigid requirements for the format of the newsletter, but there are some reasonable ones to manage this process. It can be in printed form (but represented by a PDF file), or it can be emails with the newsletter contents in the body with suitable links etc. Essentially, it can be in any form that is possible to disseminate digitally and can be submitted online for evaluation.
- Once submitted, you are implicitly giving permission to the district for using it in district communication regarding the program, the results, or even showcasing for any purpose in the future. Please make sure your content is in alignment with this policy.
- The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2020.
- If you don’t already have a newsletter being published, you can wait until the masterclass on club newsletters on April 20 before you plan your launch.
- At a minimum, two issues of your newsletter should be submitted: For example, April and May 2020.
- If you are already publishing a club newsletter, you will submit the issues for the past six months.
We will announce awards to possibly recognize a diversity of qualities like best content, best consistency, best new publication etc. The exact details of these categories and the specific dollar amounts of the awards will be forthcoming soon. This early announcement is to spark an interest in using this incentive as a reason to plan better communication among your club members.
I am excited to see what creativity and amazing talents this initiative will reveal. Start planning your March and April newsletters now, and stay tuned for specific submission guidelines to be announced soon.
If you have any questions about this contest, please send them to me at email@example.com.