District 57 wants to find the Hero in each of our clubs to be the VP Pathways. Someone who can assist their club members get acquainted with Pathways. As you may know, the Toastmasters legacy system is going away June 30, 2020. To prepare, we want to help all of our club members in the transition.
You can be the hero we’re looking for if you are successfully using Pathways and if you are willing to share your knowledge with your club members. We realize you already have a lot on your plate. The VP Pathways role is flexible. You decide how much you want to participate and how. Leading up to June 2020, we will have Local Pathways Leaders who will be available to assist. There will be training programs, on-line materials, and recorded training sessions. In other words, you will be fully supported in your term as VP Pathways. Your mission will be to review the materials available, decide what will help your club members the most and then be the point of contact to help coordinate the training.
If you haven’t done so, register to be your club’s VP Pathways. All VPP’s will earn points towards their OATM.
To celebrate your willingness to help us Be Excellent this year, we’re hosting a luncheon for our newly appointed VPP’s. We even have a special guest for you, our Regional Advisor, Cindy Laatsch.
You won’t want to miss the Cindy’s Keynote. Cindy works at Harley-Davidson Motor Company as the Manager of Global Information Services. Cindy is also a certified Strength Finder Coach. She will give us a keynote Titled “Leading Through Change.” Cindy will be giving away Harley-Davidson door prizes.
We need to get a final count for the caterer, all Division Directors, Area Directors and Registered VPP’s need to RSVP by Friday, September 20th.
Thank you to everyone who has already registered.
Date: Saturday, September 28
Time: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venue: Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA
10:30- 11:00 Registration
11:00 – 12:00 Lunch and Networking
12:00 – 1:00 Keynote featuring Cindy Laatsh
1:00 – 2:00 Group activity led by Cindy
Things to know about our Keynote speaker:
- Been at Harley-Davidson Motor Company (HDMC) in Milwaukee, WI for 20 years
- Managed Harley-Davidson University (HDU), the corporate training school for HDMC dealers – 8 years
- Bought and sold Harley-Davidson dealership in the United States – 8 years
- Currently manages HDMC Global Information Services (GIS) Global Help Desks around the world – in support of HDMC employees
- On the Board of Directors for Technology United – the technology wing of the United Way in Milwaukee.
- Has a master’s degree in Organizational Leadership and Quality from Marion College.
- Is a Region Advisor for Toastmasters since April 2019 – and is currently supporting four Districts in Region 1.
- Loves Karaoke. Lives in Milwaukee, WI.
If you have questions, please contact Janice Fairfield, Pathways Chair at email@example.com.