- District 57 Fall Business Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 29, 2022 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm virtually/online.
All District 57 Toastmasters are welcome, voting limited to District Council members only. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/business-meeting-fall-tickets-413222829607
- Review and vote on the 2022-2023 budget, elect District officers, and approve appointed district leaders for 2022-2023.
A Town Hall Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 15, 2022 from 7:00 to 9:00pm virtually/online to discuss items of concern of the Fall Business Meeting. All District 57 Toastmasters are welcome. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/town-hall-for-business-meeting-tickets-413231425317
- Club Presidents and VP of Education – your vote and attendance are needed at the Business Meeting as you are integral part of the District Council.
- You need to register to vote at the Business Meeting. Registration is open until Tuesday, September 27, 2022.
- No proxy is allowed. Either one or both registered representatives (President or VPE) of a District 57 club in good standing will be allowed to vote.
- See related Business Meeting documents at the bottom of this post, will be updated as they become available.
Town Hall Meeting for the Fall Business Meeting –
: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/town-hall-for-business-meeting-tickets-413231425317 .
Fall Business Meeting –
Fall Business Meeting
The District 57 Fall Business Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 29, 2022 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. The District Executive Committee and District Council will conduct District’s business in support of Toastmaster Year 2022-2023. This meeting will include voting, and all voting delegates are required to register in order to vote. The meeting will be held virtually/online.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/business-meeting-fall-tickets-413222829607
The District Executive Committee consists of the District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, District Public Relations Manager, District Administration Manager, District Finance Manager, Division Directors, Area Directors, and Immediate Past District Director. (See Article XI(a) of the administrative bylaws https://www.toastmasters.org/leadership-central/governing-documents#ArticleXICommittees332 )
The District Council consists of the District Executive Committee, and the representatives from each Member Club in good standing in the District, who are the Club President and Vice President Education. (see Article XI(a) of the administrative bylaws https://www.toastmasters.org/leadership-central/governing-documents#ArticleIXDistrictCouncil330 )
Town Hall Meeting A virtual/online Town Hall Meeting will be held on September 15, 2022 from 7:00 to 9:00pm. This meeting will facilitate the sharing of information and give the District members an opportunity to discuss items of concern of the Fall Business Meeting. District Council members, as well as any interested Club Members are encouraged to register to attend the Town Hall Meeting. Register for the Town Hall Meeting : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/town-hall-for-business-meeting-tickets-413231425317 .
District’s Business in support of Toastmaster Year 2022-2023
The Business Meeting is an important part of the operation of District 57 and all Districts. We elect District Officers, approve appointed district leaders for 2022-2023, review and vote on the 2022-2023 budget.
Voting at the Business Meeting
The governing body of every Toastmasters District is the District Council, consisting of the Club Presidents, Vice Presidents of Education, and the District Executive Committee (Area Directors, Division Directors and senior district officers). All voting members must register by Thursday, September 27 to be able to vote – no exceptions.
New: No Proxy
No proxies are allowed at the online district business meetings. Based on the Toastmasters International Annual Business Meeting on August 19, 2022, each Club President and Vice President are expected to attend and vote in the virtual, hybrid, or in-person district business meetings. Each has one vote or one of the two club representatives may attend and cast the club’s two votes. Both the Club President and Vice President of Education must register to vote.
Not sure if you can make it? No problem, register now for the Business meeting, at no cost and no penalty if you can’t attend.
Business Meeting Documents
- From TI HQ, on quorum: https://d57tm.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/District_Quorum_September_2022.pdf
- Business Meeting Packet:
- Full package: https://d57tm.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/D57FBVotingDelegatesPacket2022.pdf
- Agenda: https://d57tm.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Business_Meeting_Agenda_Final_September_29_2022_docx.pdf
- Rules: http://d57tm.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Business_Meeting_Rules_2022-09-29.pdf
- Executive Committee Meeting Minutes (by Ed Cullen and Eliott Rodgers) : https://d57tm.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/District_57_Executive_Committee_Meeting_Minutes_2022-05-21_docx.pdf
- Proposed Budget: https://d57tm.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/2022-2023_Annual_Budget_D57_-_TI_Approved.pdf
-WKL #PRM v2022_09291653
-WKL #PRM v2022_09280303
-WKL #PRM v2022_09271112
-WKL #PRM v2022_09241206
-WKL #PRM v2022_09231418
-WKL #PRM v2022_09191640
-WKL #PRM v2022_09131702
-WKL #PRM v2022_09032132